Aluminum Construction Group, founded in 1987, is one of the primary companies for engineering, design, production, installation and maintenance of outer screen walls for skyscrapers. The Group specializes in complex engineering projects in Israel and around the world, emphasizing innovation and development of advanced systems aimed at improving the wellbeing of the people behind the building’s outer envelope.
The Group owns five plants – four in Israel and one in Europe, and employs 460 professionals in the areas of engineering, planning, production, logistics, installation, maintenance and quality control. The Group is headed by the parent company, which constantly aims to position the Group as an innovator and principle player in the international arena. The subsidiary companies were born from this company, each specializing in its respective field:
- Aluminum Construction Industries – focuses on advanced screen walls for office towers. Israel’s primary company in this field, Aluminum Construction Industries has been developing and designing the world’s most sophisticated screen wall systems for the past three decades.
- SKYCON – specializes in advanced skylight systems, geodesic envelopes and unique systems that produce energy for the building and improve comfort and productivity for the residents within.
- ALUMCON – specializes in superior screen walls for luxury residential towers and complex commercial projects. Alumcon operates an advanced engineering planning system and a sophisticated production system that enables tight control of schedules and uncompromising professionalism.
- STEELCON – the Group’s export division for inventive screen walls for skyscrapers.
- MAINTCON – the only company in Israel that provides a multi-disciplinary service, treatment, upgrading and maintenance of screen walls for skyscrapers. Maintcon specializes in first-class technical rehabilitation and renewal of the outer envelope, combined with consistent, professional and fast service.
The screen wall systems developed by the Group provide thermal comfort, acoustic comfort, constructive ease and visual relief, as well as circulating breathable clean air, enriching the environment with oxygen, contributing to 50% reduction on air-conditioning and allowing the production of all the energy needed for the building’s operation. These benefits contribute to increased productivity and a sense of wellbeing for the people within the building.
All of the systems developed by the Group undergo comprehensive tests at one of the three advanced and independent laboratories for screen wall testing, owned by the Group:
- Aluminum Construction Lab – a dynamic laboratory that enables screen wall testing in particularly harsh environments. Regarded as one of the three leading laboratories in the world.
- ALUMCON Laboratory – a static laboratory certified by IFT ROSENHEIM.
- Laboratory in cooperation with IFT ROSENHEIM – a static laboratory qualified by the Laboratory Accreditation Authority in Germany.
In these labs we put screen walls through a wide range of tests, such as: strength, sealing against air and water, energy transitions, heat transitions, safety, acoustics, fire, wear, corrosion, glass durability and more.
All systems developed by the Group are innovative and considered the technological benchmark of screen walls, in Israel and abroad. It is not surprising that the construction projects in which our screen wall systems are installed gain exceptionally high LEED grades.